Support & Counselling
Flinders Fertility wishes to support you in every way possible in your endeavours to have a child. We are committed to helping you with decisions about treatment, and providing you with optimal information and support. We will help you through any difficult times, and share your journey in the hope of a successful pregnancy.
Flinders Fertility provides individualised counselling, by someone who understands and can provide support and guidance during an emotionally demanding time. The Flinders Fertility counsellor is a trained and experienced fertility professional, available to assist you in total confidence, in any of the following circumstances:
- Non-genetic parenting. People considering parenting following the use of donor sperm, donor oocytes or donor embryos.
- Debriefing sessions.
- Information. You may want to gather information about support groups, adoption status or how others have dealt with different issues or decisions. If stress is a concern for you the counsellor can discuss a variety of relaxation options, planning techniques and other services available to you.
- Support. You may just want to talk with someone who understands the ups and downs of fertility treatment or pregnancy loss.
- Decision making. You may have concerns about the treatment options, or about differences of opinion between you and your partner. You may want to discuss your treatment plan, whether to stop trying, or how your treatment fits in with other goals.
- Counselling for change. There are times when all the waiting and trying can feel overwhelming. Clarifying what is normal stress or grief, the causes of pressure and how to deal with it all, can help in difficult times. You may not have recognised the personal resources you bring into this encounter with fertility difficulties. Counselling provides an opportunity for you to identify these strengths and to decide how you wish to use them.