A Future-Proof Fit-out
A heritage-listed church in the heart of Glenelg has been re-imagined as the brand new Flinders Fertility Clinic. Through major structural works, the Schiavello construction team successfully converted the ground floor of the 1899 building into a state-of-the-art clinic and laboratory for Flinders Fertility.
The 19th Century building, a stone’s throw from the famous “Jetty Road” in Glenelg, was retained with internal improvements designed to extend the durability of the clinic for a modern future-proof fit-out. Structural upgrades to the ground floor included the demolition of existing internal walls with new steel columns and beams installed to maintain a strong and durable structure.
A modern and comfortable environment
Together with Domenico Allegretto Architecture & Meinhardt Australia, the Schiavello team was able to produce a modern space for patients and medical professionals to feel comfortable while visiting and working in.
In order to achieve this sense of comfort, a new and welcoming entryway was constructed and partition walls were built to provide private consultation rooms and laboratory spaces. High quality finishes are present throughout the clinic with accents of cherry timber veneer doors and frames bringing a sense of warmth to the space.
Please click here to see more images on the Schiavello website: